For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controller is
Murray Chauffeur Services of 108 Randall Road, SE11 5JR.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide to us on the telephone, on our website (www.murraychauffeurservices.com) (“our website”) or via email or other correspondence. This includes information provided at the time of making bookings for our services or for any other reason if you need to make a complaint or report a problem with our site or in relation to any dealings with us.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site or over the telephone or by email and of the fulfilment of your bookings.
2. IP ADDRESSES AND DEVICE INFORMATION
2.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
4.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or our app; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any bookings that you have made with us
• to sharing such information with third party fulfilment companies for the purposes of fulfilling a booking requested by you which is not being carried out by us;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where (if required to do so) you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• to notify you about changes to our service.
5.2 We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
5.3 If you are an existing customer of ours, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which we have previously supplied to you.
5.4 If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
5.5 If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please let us know by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data when making a booking or quotation request.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
6.1 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our company
7. YOUR RIGHTS
7.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
7.2 You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if Murray Chauffeur Services or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and/or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Murray Chauffeur Services of 108 Randall Road, SE11 5JR, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.